- With water-play comes water responsibility and, unfortunately, accidents can happen. PFDs and life jackets are the most important piece of safety equipment you can have with you if near or on the water.
- It is not only important to have a PFD, but one that is the correct size and fit. If you aren’t wearing a PFD it won’t save you.
- Our entire company was built to produce PFDs that are designed for your specific sport, for long comfortable wear and unique features that will help ensure you are wearing your PFD at the time when you need it the most.
- The only good PFD is the one you are wearing.
How will a PFD help in an emergency?:
- It will offer you buoyancy, thus buying you time on the water until you are rescued
- The bright colours of PFDs or added reflective accents will ensure you are more visible when in the water
- Most will turn you on your back to keep your face out of the water
- Some offer thermal protection to protect against hypothermia
** Every Salus PFD is Transport Canada approved for the highest level of safety when fitted properly (except for the Bijoux Baby Vest, for which no approval standard currently exists)
Other safety features to consider:
- For children, look for a safety strap that goes between the legs, as this will keep the PFD secure while preventing the PFD from slipping over the child’s head.